10 MHz to 60 GHz RF Photonic Link
Broadband Microwave Analog Fiber Optic Receiver Modules Provides >100km Transport Capability.
The MP-8000-RX RF/Fiber Optic Receiver modules are designed to provide Optical-to-Electric (O/E) conversion of broadband RF signals over a frequency range of 10 MHz to 60 GHz.
The utilization of the MP-8000-RX , in conjunction with the appropriate MP-8000- TX RF/Fiber Optic Transmitter, forms a broadband link capable of supporting the transmission of RF signals over singlemode optical fiber for use in a wide array of scientific and communication applications. The link applications include antenna remoting, SATCOM, RF delay lines, telemetry tracking, and point-to-point RF transmission.
The Receivers utilizes high efficiency InGaAs PIN Photodiodes, coupled with optional an input Variable Optical Attenuator, low noise RF post-amplifiers, and a variable RF attenuator. These high responsivity, linear receivers incorporate advanced photodiode biasing and control circuits that provide reliable high performance operation over wide optical bandwidths. These features, coupled with the MP-8000-TX’s companion high efficiency Mach-Zehnder Lithium Niobate (LiNbO3) electro optic modulator and high power Distributed Feedback (DFB) laser diode assures low noise and high dynamic range link performance over varying frequency, temperature, and optical loss budgets.
- SATCOM Interfacility Links
- Microwave Antenna Remoting
- Electronic Counter Measure Systems
- Test and Measurement Applications
- Wideband Delay Line Applications
- Phased array Antenna Systems
- Secure Communication Systems
- 10 MHz to 60 GHz Bandwidth
- Linear, High Power PIN photodiode
- Extended Operating Temperature
- High Optical Input Power
- Advanced Bias Control
- Small Form Factor Flange Mount
- Hot Swappable, Plug-In Module
- Compatible with MPS-1911 and MPS1914 Rack Chassis Systems