40 GHz Doppler Simulator Provides Target Generation for Range Simulation and Test Laboratories
Microwave Photonic Systems, Inc has been a world leader in Radio Frequency (RF), Microwave, and Photonic Subsystems for over 20 years. The introduction of the (DPSIM) Doppler Target Generator product series augments MPS’s support of the Radar, Telemetry, Communications and Research market segments.
Specifically, the (DPSIM) Doppler Target Simulator System provides the user a convenient method of generating Doppler shifts onto a reference RF input signal. The Doppler simulator is designed to provide adjustable Doppler shifts from – 4 MHz to + 4 MHz in 0.1 Hz steps.
The low noise, high accuracy internal Doppler source provides stable, repeatable frequency offsets. The unit will accept an external 10 MHz clock for system synchronization.
It is an excellent system addition to all of MPS’s Optical Delay Generation (ODG), fixed and variable optical delay lines. The combination of the MPS’s DPSIM and ODG delay line solutions provide both time and frequency variations which creates a complete moving target simulation.
The DPSIM Doppler target simulator is packaged in 1RU chassis and is microprocessor controlled. All simulator functions are addressable via the menu driven, VFD front panel interface or via the Ethernet remote interface.
- Signal Attributes Generation
- Range Emulation
- Radar Testing and Calibration
- Altimeter Verification
- Laboratory Research & Development
- Doppler Shift Range, +/-4 MHz
- Available from 0.5 to 40 GHz
- Doppler Shift Resolution to 0.1Hz
- User Selectable Doppler Delays
- Low Noise Figure
- High Input 1dB Compression Level
- Low Phase Noise Design
- Front Panel User Interface
- External Synchronization Clock Input
- Remote Ethernet Monitoring and Control
- Secure Firmware Based Solution
- Optional Blanking Control
- 2 Year Limited Warranty